• If you’ve put too much salt into a soup or stew, add a slice of raw yam. It will absorb
the excess salt.
• If you’ve added too much sugar to a recipe, add a little salt.
• Remove fat from soup by putting it in the refrigerator overnight. The fat rises to the top
and is easily skimmed off.
• To restore wilted lettuce, place the stems in soda water.
• Keep 5-10 grains of rice in your salt shaker to absorb moisture.
• When frying food, turn a metal colander upside down over the frying pan. This allows
steam to escape, but keeps the oil from spattering.
• Sprinkle lemon juice on fruit salad to prevent discoloration.
• Deodorize your refrigerator by keeping a piece of charcoal or an open box of baking soda
on a shelf.
• Avoid stirring hot food. Nutrients may get destroy.